Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bags should be USABLE!

Like many women, and some men, I am a bag lover. The colors, the shapes, the textures and function appeal to me. I own many, maybe a few I shouldn't. There are so many out there to choose from. Be it small with glitter in stripes draping vertically around the clutch, or a behemoth covered in brocade or jacquard with a true carpetbagger feel.

The only requirements I prefer are functionality and visually appealing to MY eye. There is one shape that always confuses my easily befuddled mind....the pyramid-esque shape. I seriously don't understand how any one person could not see this as a flawed design. They remind me of the old roach motel commercials, the ones claiming the "roaches go in, but they don't come out."

Your items stashed in these bags are too often lost. I've owned one (this makes me the all knowing expert, of course). You put a tube of Chap-stick in that baby, and need it, bam....too bad. It has been sucked in the vortex. What baffles me is that women (and men) still buy these abominations, so designers keep making them. Some of us buy based on brand name, not need or likability. (I'm not one of those idiots, but they're out there). The one, and only, pyramid bag I ever had was given to me by a friend.

So this is my call to all bag designers:

      NO MATTER THE CALL IN YOUR HEAD, please stop making useless bags. All bags should have some resemblance of function. Go crazy with your colors and designs, even your fake or real leathers.  Please, for the love of Chap-stick and lost pens everywhere, stop designing pyramid bags.

toodles....Sandi

No comments: