Sunday, December 12, 2010

Getting to know me

This is me!

I thought that I would give all of my new friends a chance to get to know me! I get a lot of questions about my Twitter name (@knitmyrhino), so this post is going to explain that and give some insight as to who I am.

First, the knitting part comes from me loving to knit. I've been crocheting since I was a little girl, my mom taught me. She's awesome like that! But when I was pregnant with MrZ, my best friend and I were making baby blankets (I was crocheting, she was knitting). I immediately wanted to try knitting. I bought a book, and taught myself to knit! I love it!

The rhino part comes from my fascination with rhinos. I've been collecting them for a long time. To me, they are beautiful and strong. They are non-aggressive, unless they feel threatened, then they are fierce. They can't see well, but when they charge, they point their horns in the direction of what they are attacking and charge until they accomplish their goal. They represent perseverance to me. They are absolutely amazing.

I'm a mom, wife, daughter, sister, granddaughter, aunt and cousin. I love my family, even though I am not always their favorite person. I have tendencies to be opinionated in controversial matters. I just don't see anything wrong with that, and it tends to get me in trouble. Even now that I'm an adult, I still get the child treatment, in that I apparently can not make decisions on my own. I choose to blatantly ignore those that make me feel like less than a person.

This is me! Hope you stick around, I would love it!

Toodles....Sandi BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Awww I totally understand! Glad I found your blog!

Crystal
(@LoveandSparrows)
www.domesticbutnotmartha.com