Thursday, December 23, 2010

Getting to know me Part2

Have you ever been so entirely frustrated that you wanted to scream at the top of your lungs at nothing or nobody in particular?

I spent a great portion of my life that way. I was so angry at everyone in my life for so long, I made myself miserable. I was blamed for things, some of them I did.. Many I did not. But because of my history, I was never given the benefit of doubt. I brought that on myself in many ways, whether it was fair or not doesn't really matter at this point.

I've grown a lot since becoming a mother. I've learned to let things go. I've learned what battles to take on. I had to make choices that were hard, but simplified my life in many ways. My son has driven me insane, made me ecstatically happy, frustrated me, and made me so proud. He has taught me that you have to live each day in the moment. You have to love with your whole heart.

I've learned a whole new meaning for patience. I always have to put him first. When someone makes me crazy, and it funnels into my home life, It is time to cut the strings. Or at least put the strings in a drawer for a while.

I learned a wonderful trick from a friend that uses her art for therapy. I doodle all the time now. My sketchbooks are full of sketches, doodles, and journal entries letting out my frustrations. If you have angered me, you probably have something colorful drawn just for you!

That's all I'm posting for today...more to come in the next edition of "Getting to know me."

Merry Christmas!
Toodles....Sandi BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: