Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Junk Pile Scores!


Hey there crafty/not so crafty peeps! It has been a doozie of a summer in Texas so far. But in case you just were "dying" to know, I have been crafting/repurposing along with working diligently on my yard.
I love to drive up and down the streets at the end of the month, when people make huge piles in their front yards for bulk pick-up day. Lucky for me, I didn't have to go far for this treasure! Just 2 doors down and across the street!
The chair was sitting there in a pile of its mates, looking sad, and not nearly as broken as the others. So, because I was on my way to a dr appointment, I called up my Dad (who lives conveniently across the street) and asked him to snag it for me before somebody else did.
It was sun dried almost white wood, until I sanded it...and gave it a few coats of red spray paint. Now it sits happily on my front porch, in contrast to all of the earthy tones I have sitting there. It sticks out like a sore thumb, but I love it!
Toodles,
Sandi

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

Oooo beautifil, Sandi! I love it!