Thursday, January 21, 2010

Obsessions part 799 & 845

I am alive!!! Yay God!!! I am such a baby, I had a serious case of the "I'm gonna die in surgery." Wow, I guess I should tell you what happened.
I have been really sick for a while now, never knowing from one minute to the next if I was going to be blowing chunks. I don't want to go into all of the details because that is for another post. Just know, I was not okay, and I was not dealing with it in a very healthy way. I ended up having to have my gallbladder and a few nasty gallstones taken out on Tuesday. That being said, I was fortunate enough to have a couple of people care for me during this ordeal that really made a difference in my life.
My obsessions (I'm taking my creative license and running blind with it here) for the last two Mondays are both linked in use and because they stem from my need to say thank you to those special people who made my illness bearable. I have decided to make homemade cards to express my gratitude to them, and have found some new (to me) goodies to obsess over in the process.
Have you heard of Zots? If you are a craft-o-holic, you know they are cute little glue dots that make cardmaking such a joy! They come in different sizes and shapes, I don't know why I resisted them for so long! That's my first obsession, for this blog post, my second is the awesome little Zot-runner I found that let's you make lines of the Zots for larger pieces! I mean, seriously, what was I thinking not wanting to try these?
When I finish the cards, I will take pics and post them, names withheld for privacy of course. So, there's my Monday post, written on a thursday, and two of them wrapped into one. Maybe now I can get my life back together after having an organ literally sucked out. What are you obsessing over?

Toodles....Sandi

No comments: