Sunday, May 3, 2009

The greatest things are...

...those things that people make for you, with their own hands and imaginations! My hubby (with the always helpful Mr Z by his side) made me a two-sided easel on Saturday. I love it! It's made out of hard wood, so folding it up and toting it to the park for nature sketches is out of the question, but I love it just the way it is. I was so touched when I mentioned that I wanted an easel that Mr Z and I could paint on at the same time, and the hubby just popped out, "OK." He took us to the hardware store with hime to pick out sizes for the 2'x2' sheets on either side, along with the extras to put it together. When we got home they set up in the kitchen and started this:


There are actually shelves attached on each side for holding canvases or pens, etc. But I forgot to take the "finished" picture before downloading these. I figured I would take those pictures after I sand and paint it, which requires another trip to the hardware store for paint. Those will come later.
Aren't they adorable working together though?
toodles....Sandi


1 comment:

Christie said...

WOW! You've got a lot going on over here on your blog! It's been fun checking out all the amazing things you and your family are doing!