Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Show is Darn-well GOING ON!!

Ok, just because I am sans-pics for my blogging, does not mean I can not still blog right? I mean the whole point of my blog is to have a creative outlet, and to show.....screeeeeeeeeecccchhhh. STOP. Since I am unable to "show" I will just tell you what I am finishing up (pertaining to my crafts.........housecleaning and mothering????NEVERFREAKINENDING!!)

But before I tell you the cuties that I finished up this weekend, I am going to ask you all to take some time to give of yourselves (all 3 of you that are following--hey every bit counts). The SITStas blogged today about asking us to think about Richard and Kori McCulley. Richard has stage 4 recurrent colon cancer and Cystic Fibrosis, and he just went into the hospital again. Kori is asking if some of us out there in blog land can send him a card to maybe lift his spirits. I just finished making one, I am hoping that you all will take the time to either make, dig up, or go grab a card from the store. Nobody likes to be in the hospital, and I am thinking Kori is having just as rough a time as Richard is. Here is the address:

Richard & Kori McCulley
P.O. Box 261
Graysville, AL 35073

If nothing else, add them to your prayers tonite. Prayer WORKS!!

Ok, so back to the craftiness..
I finished up a little something for myself this weekend. Mostly because I am a show-off extraordinaire (but only when it comes to crafting). Mr Z has his first soccer practice this Tuesday night, and being that girl in school that protested the soccer-mom "stygma," I was dreading having to drag myself up to the park for it. So, to make myself feel better, I crocheted a drawstring yarn ball keeper....wait for it....OUT OF BRIGHT RED FURRY FUN YARN!!! Ain't nobody missing me on the sidelines!!!! And to top it off, the drawstring is grossgrain ribbon with soccerballs all over it! (I Kill Myself).

Yeah, I am the soccer-mom now, but I don't have a mini-van! But, I have been told that the suburban is this decade's minivan=I'M SCREWED. Or, maybe I will get over it, all it will take is the big smile on Mr Z's face showing he is enjoying himself.

Did I happen to mention that I hate the keyboard on this laptop???

The other thing that I finished is the stained glass cross-stitch on red aida fabric that I showed pictures of previously. Not sure what I am going to do with it now, but it is gorgeous!

toodles....Sandi

No comments: