Friday, February 20, 2009

Fridays Favorite Find part 3

I just realized that I forgot last Friday's favorite! How neglectful of me. A pinch and a knock on the noggin is in order.

I must say, a little off topic, that I am SO VERY HAPPY!! I recieved my new monitor today! This means I am back on my computer, and pictures are going to start popping up like baby rabbits in the spring. Thank you very much Daddy-O-D and Miss Elaine!
Back on topic (for now)....I am in love with the "Pounce" button on Etsy. If you don't know what Etsy is, you do not know what you have been missing! I have been a little lost the last week not having my computer, so I have been spending a lot of time on Etsy, trying to make myself feel better. Maybe not such a good idea for someone on a budget.

I came across a wonderfully talented seamstress on Etsy last week, I will give you all the info later...for now, a little story.
I have been dying to have a OOAK bag. Not just any bag, the PERFECT bag for me. I am not all that into designer purses, I mostly go for what works, and what I tend to be drawn to visually. I have to confess that I am a bit of a bag-HOG. I have "name-brand" bags/purses, but I don't think I have ever paid over 10 bucks for one though. (I am a thrift-store junkie...but that is another post all together). Where was I? Oh yes, I was looking for something that would work as an across the body style bag, that had beautiful colors and functional pockets. I wanted to be able to take projects with me everywhere, and still be able to use both hands.

So, I was pouncing along, when I stumbled upon tadalynn (otherwise known as kelie). She had sewn several stylish and colorful bags/purses that were making me think, "Hmmm, I wonder?" I sent her a question wanting to know if she could make me one similar to her birdhouse bag, but with a few modifications (most specifically, ditch the bird houses...keep the style). I told her a little about what I was going to use it for, and she emailed me back, quite promptly I must add, and gave me her thoughts about what she thought would work. We then emailed back and forth selecting colors, etc. until a final decision was made.
First of all, I was so impressed with how willing she was to work with me. Second, she seemed to know exactly what I was going for (gotta love like-minded women-especially if they agree with me all the time!). Third, the genius-artistic-wonderful-insightful (does that about explain her?) had the most beautiful bag made up for me in 2 days! That's right! She is a stay at home mom, how she found the time...I will never know. It is perfect, for me, maybe not for you...but I ain't sharing anyways.
She is totally reasonable in pricing, considering it is handmade, and very very well made at that. I only paid $30.00 for it! AND she covered the shipping! I am in love!

Therefore, I am amending FFF to be FFF'S (plural is what I am going for here).

POUNCE at ETSY.COM ... try it! It is so much fun to see all the neat things that people are coming up with. I always go for the "Undiscovered" acts...the ones that haven't made a sale yet. I want to be the one who gets them going, I am greedy like that.

and...

TadaLynn ... my newest love, move over hubby!
And without further ado, here is a pic of the wonderful bag she made for me, it looks much different than the birdhouse, cause she is good like that.....

Isn't it lovely? I love the colors! The fabric makes me smile, it fits me perfectly...and It holds exactly what I need it to! HOORAYYYYYY!!!! Happy Happy Joy Joy!
Go check out her store, and tell her I sent ya!
toodles....Sandi










1 comment:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Today is a very big day in the Where’s Wenda? Contest. I am visiting all of the SITS followers. Can I do it? There are around 1000 followers. Oh my! Better grab my cup of coffee and get on my way. Be sure to visit Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks as part of your contest entry.

-Wenda