Saturday, January 10, 2009

Save HAND-MADE!!!

Everyone in blog land has been "a-buzz" about the upcoming Consumer Act that takes affect on February 10, 2009. I am going to give you my opinion, you may or may not like it. That is why it is called an opinion, it's mine.
I don't agree with the Act, which you can read more about here. The organization of the Act, therein trying to save many children from hazardous materials that have been flooding the US from overseas, is in the right place. I just think whoever wrote the Act, did not have their head on their shoulders while they were compiling the convoluted result. Were they thinking about all the otherwise "safe" toys and clothing that are being currently produced by extremely artistic and very thoroughly safety conscientious women and men all over the U.S.???? The millions of organically HANDMADE by those people, to ensure the safety of their children, and who from the kindness of their hearts, have decided to share those things with the rest of us. These people are being affected too. It breaks my heart and disturbs my mind, that those people are going to be the ones to pay from this Act.
I strongly urge you to go here, and read more information. Make an informed decision to help save HAND-MADE. There are dozens of resources to peruse, and several ways that you can show your support to those of us who make, and sell, handmade clothing, toys, books, etc.

I have already written a letter to several state and national officials regarding this matter. I hope you can find it in your hearts to do the same.

toodles....Sandi

No comments: