Thursday, January 8, 2009

Embroidered Heirloom

You would not believe the craftiness I just stumbled across! (Well, you might believe it, but I am here to tell you I am LOVIN' it!!)


So, you all (my followers n such) know I have been handcuffed by the embroidery police, or at least taken to it quite nicely. I'm such a dork! (just had to get that off my shoulders) Now, I was clicking through my Google Reader, looking at all the goodies that my favorite bloggers have been up to. I came across this amazingly simple, yet very effective creation...


Now, what grandparent(or relative separated by long distance), would not absolutely adore to recieve this? If you click on the picture it will take you to Plum Pudding...a fantastic blog about crafting, I think you should check it out. I, for one, just spent at least an hour looking at the things they have to offer for inspiration.

I am going to trace the hubby's hand as soon as he gets home, Z and I have already traced ours. When I finish making ours, I will definitely snap a pic and show it to you. I have wheels turning in my head about making this a January tradition, to show progression through the years. I am thinking I also want to write out our resolutions for that particular year and slide them in a pocket in the back...so we can look back each year and see if we stuck to it. Wouldn't these make great art for the walls of our hallway upstairs????

toodles...Sandi

2 comments:

barncat said...

Thanks for the tip, this is one of the cutest ideas ever!

Sandi a::k::a KnitMyRhino said...

You are very welcome! Thank PlumPudding too! (After all, it was her idea originally.)